Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Scissor cuts everything.

I was in the Library parking lot when I noticed that my shoes were a little...roomier.  Looked down. Saw a slice through the upper.  Thought: Boy.

My Boy finds mechanical/electrical things fascinating.  He likes to use useful things in new and interesting ways.  God has preserved his life through accidental quarter swallowing, sock meets light bulb experiments, adventures in window opening, etc.  This is just one reason why my kids walk around with random holes in their clothes. Because scissors can be used on more than just paper.

Here the culprit comes. "Boy, why is my shoe sliced?"
"Well. (he starts every sentence with 'well', 'probably' or 'maybe'. He doesn't like verbal commitment.) (He also always says "well" like a little John Wayne. He's never seen a John Wayne movie.) Well, Mommy, probably because I cut it."

He purchased a new pair for me, but then I got to thinking.  The shoes were still usable.  And they were a little plain for my tastes anyway.  We could jazz 'em up a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment