Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another poem from the poetical friend

Now, words aren't my forte.

You know, that comment was so loud, I could hear it, dear reader: "'Not your forte'? YOU'RE the one with a blog, woman."

Note the number of posts on said blog.  I rest my case.

I have a friend who is very good at words (well, really, more than one friend-they put up with all my stutterings splendidly), even at 12 am after 17 hrs of mothering 4 children, teaching a full day of school and cooking gormet offerings for the daily meal trifecta, she occasionally comes up with cute-y little masterpeices to warm my lonely late night:

a quick note to you because i was a thinkin'
about our school day (while my tea i's a drinkin')
before i retire, climbing up from the mire,
to lay down this old head on a pillow.
i hope that your monday's been super delightful
i hope that you slipped and said something insightful
i hope that you'll have some sweet dreams in your head
as you too...
bid the laptop adieu...
go to bed!

This is why I'm so glad God made us all different and also the same.
And why I'm so blessed to call her my friend.

Did you like that one?  She's been featured on this blog before.

No comments:

Post a Comment