Friday, January 27, 2012

Fairy Wings!


A favorite friend was turning three.  We have zero moula budgeted for a three-year-old's birthday.
Dave Ramsey inspiration: no $= perspiration.


When Chicken Lu was 3, the Pransome Hince and I got her some phat fairy wings. 


After we laid down a hefty chunk of Fanny Mae's money, I started looking at construction of the wings.  Made of wire hangers and pantyhose.  I never feel worse than when I've spent money on something I TOTALLY could have made with stuff I throw out.  I'm just cheap like that.


Yes, I throw out wire hangers.  I'm crazy like Joan Crawford. "No more wire hangers!"  I think I said that to my husband once in a fit of rage...or maybe I'm just remembering the movie, but we do have a metal-free closet. 100% wood.

But I digress (per usual) (see? even my digressions have digressions).  I gathered up some stowaway hangers from the dry cleaner, some unused panty hose (not because I have so many, but because I only wear them when I'm in weddings...so I have two pair), some 11 year old acrylic paint which I used to make my Sketchers blue for my wedding day, pliers, a sourced picture of a blue morpho butterfly, electrical tape and some muscle, and got to work. Oh, yeah, and this tutorial.





Hmm.. See if we can get these together here... Honey!?!

See what I mean about the muscle?

So pretty...maybe a little big for a 3 year old, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment