Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent Buckets

We've been staying busy at the SlapDashery--busy with guests, and projects!
We got the Garnet Hill catalogue, and really, really loved their Buckets of Joy, but not the $68 price tag.


So, one trip to Hancock Fabrics, a stellar bucket find (3 for $1) at Dollar Tree and some funky Sharpie numbers later, voila!

Advent Buckets!


I wracked my brain for some clever yuletide items to put in the buckets that would point our minds to Christ, but ran out of brain power and time. Instead I filled each bucket with M&Ms--mint because I'm addicted, and peanut for variety--and we open each bucket as we read Luke 2:1-21.

Since we leave for Grandma's on the 17th, our Advent Buckets only go up to 17, serving as a real calendar, too. Just another plus of doing it myself--even if it is in a slapdashy way.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment