Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween projects

Okay, I know that I'm blogging about my October projects in November, but:

a.) I've been too busy.
b.) I've been too lazy.
c.) I've been too uninspired.
d.) I've been too shy.

Anyway, you get to hear about it now.

Now the head slapdasher is not very fond of Barbie (much to her father's pleasure), not because the lady's a tramp, but because she's mainstream culture, and we like to be a tad counter-culture here.


So, when scouting for an easy princess costume, we found a pretty dress up dress with a Babie cameo on sale, we said, "Que gonga!" and snapped that puppy up.  Then, amidst much dissent from Chicken Lu, we hacked off that Barbie's head, and sewed on some cool pink flowers.


What a pretty butterfly princess!


Also, we aren't quite sure why families wait until Christmas to do all the fun crafts, but we see no reason why we can't start having our graham cracker house fun a little early.


We were going to make a replica of our new old home, which we didn't decorate for Halloween for fear that we would terrify all the neighborhood children and have to eat all the Reese's, Snickers and Milky Ways ourselves (oh wait--we did that too!), but then a Reformation Day brain wave struck and we did the Wittenberg church instead.


Happy Reformation Day/Halloween/Birthday Button!

No comments:

Post a Comment